1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BCS bowl matchups

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mustangj17, Oct 26, 2009.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Boise State will travel very well to whichever BCS game it gets (if that happens).

The Poinsettia Bowl is ill-timed, right before Christmas I think, when many people do not want to travel.

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Before any of these non-BCS scenarios happen, both TCU and Boise need to win out. Not a sure thing for either team.

And if both do win out, I also think Notre Dame, a two-loss USC or a two-loss Ohio State gets an at-large BCS bowl bid before TCU or Boise State.

3. highlander

highlander Member

I believe, If TCU wins out, it will finish in the Top 8 of the BCS and be awarded a BCS bowl berth according to the rules of the BCS.

And you really think Notre Dame or Ohio State would deserve a spot over TCU?

4. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

According to what rule?

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

It is not about deserve - are you going to take TCU over a 10-2 Notre Dame or Ohio State? Not likely.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

They should just give the BCS trophy to the winner of the SEC title game and open up the other bowls to two more teams.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And yet, going into the SEC championship game, the Gators might have as many wins against teams ranked in the top 25 at that time (1) as Boise State. The Gators will have played a tougher schedule, no doubt, but it's far from an elite schedule this season with some programs (FSU, Georgia) having down years by usual standards.

8. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Cash in, cash out.

TCU gets screwed.

Just watch.

And the system is a farce.

TCU kicks the ass off BYU which beat OU who played Texas to the wire.

TCU plays one more ranked team in the Utes.

Boise: None.

My prayer is Texas loses twice, Iowa loses twice, Florida and Alabama lose once and then someone hands the other a loss in the SEC title game. Iowa loses twice, SC gets throttled by UCLA, Cincy loses twice...well, hell let them go undefeated...and you're stuck with Boise, Tcu and Cincy in the top three. Marvelous dose of medicine.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Not sure using BYU really strengthens the TCU argument. BYU got destroyed by Florida State, which sucks.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Even though I dread what might be a very anti-climactic bowl season, I also realize there is no dominant team right now, I could see two or three teams drop games in the final two or three weeks of the season.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

SI did a feature once where they made the case of who should win the national championship based on what team beat what team that beat another team.

They landed on Portland State, who through a series of 10 games or so, defeated a team that defeated a team that defeated Oregon State that defeated Oregon that defeated Washington that defeated Miami, which won the Sugar Bowl.

That's sorta what you are doing.

12. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Not to mention if you play that game, I can knock Boise out real quick. Beat Tulsa by only 7; OU beat them by 45.

Draft saved Draft deleted