1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BBWAA Complaints About St. Louis Press Box

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moondoggy, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Completely irrevelant, dumb ass post.

I'm not a MLB writer, but they have a job to do and deserve a place to have it done right.

St. Louis is about the last place on Earth they should have an open press box. Oven-like in the summer, rainy and sometimes chilly in April/October. I've also heard the broadcast facilities are less than desirable, hopefully the radio and TV brethren have had a voice.

Just an observation from afar, could be off-base, but it seems Busch Stadium as a whole was done on somewhat of the cheap. I wonder if the press box was a corner they thought they could cut?

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I doubt they are laboring with laptop computers that cost thousands of dollars and don't function well in squalls.

3. joe

joe Active Member

And I doubt the reporters are working at the top of a 30-foot extension ladder or on top of a three-story building in a safety harness, but I could be wrong about that.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

WHO THE FUCK CARES? How is that relevant at all to this discussion? I also doubt any of those people have to find a why to file a story in a downpour.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Don't feed the trolls!

6. outofplace

I'm surprised nothing like this came up in Pittsburgh. PNC Park's press box has the absolute worst seats in the house and the front row is not protected from the elements.

Sadly enough, the baseball press box at Three Rivers Stadium was better.

But damn, it's a great place to watch a game as a fan. :)

7. Just because he disagrees with you doesn't make him a troll.

That said, the press box at Busch sounds like an authentic piece of shit. More power to the BBWAA.

And indeed, PNC is a wonderful place to see a game, not so wonderful if you're working there.

8. outofplace

I am calling him a troll because I don't believe his goal is to contribute anything to the conversation. He just wants to stir up shit and be an ass. To me, that is the definition of the term when applied to internet posters.

9. Gold

Gold Active Member

When Madison Square Garden was first built in 1968, they didn't have a pressbox. I remember taking a tour in July 1968 and they just had some seats which were set aside and they put brown upholstery there. It didn't matter for basketball because there was a table, but it would have mattered for hockey. They eventually cut out a space after the third deck (the green seats) but those were pretty awful because they were far away from the action. The original layout was too flat - the seats are closer when the setup is steeper.

10. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

takes one to not know one?

11. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

from the story:

i was in the back row for teh all-star game at pnc, so i was fine. but i can see how those in the front row would have some problems. it looked like it was going to rain all day, but didn't. if it had, coulda been a mess.

12. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Supposedly the White Sox are moving the press box down the third base line so they can put a luxury seat club there or something along those lines. Should go over well.

Draft saved Draft deleted