1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Batman Begins

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baloo, May 26, 2006.

1. I row the same boat as many here:
    --Loved 'Begins' and place it as the best Batman movie ever made.
    --Loved 'Batman' when it came out, see it now as OK.
    --'Robin' was the closest my wife and I ever came to walking out of a movie theater, and we're movie people. That first scene where they start playing hockey with the diamond ... oh, boy.
    --Cannot wait for the 'Begins' sequel.

2. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

"Batman and Robin" is one of the worst movies ever made. That movie proved that all Chris O'Donnell and Alicia Silverstone had going for them were their looks. She was probably just playing herself in "Clueless", like Madonna played herself in "Desperately Seeking Susan" and Mark Whalberg played himself in "Boogie Nights".

3. Baloo

Baloo Member

I didn't see elsewhere, apologies if it's already posted, but we have a new joker, and it is Ledger.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/01/film.ledger.reut/index.html

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ugh. Ok, they deserve some faith after Batman Begins, but at least those casting choices made sense. I could immediately picture Christian Bale as Batman, for example. I don't see Ledger for that role, but hey, they've already got my money for this one.

5. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Isn't the Joker supposed to be funny?

6. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

"Batman Begins" was a great movie......I watched it on HBO when I got home from the most recent "Superman", which was awful, predictable, campy, cliche........the typical summer blockbuster that throws tons of CGI effects but adds nothing else.

I happened to catch "Emperor of the Sun" a few days later, Christian Bale was great in that movie as well.

7. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

No, the Joker is a bad comedian who went crazy. He's not supposed to be funny at all.
    The casting is kind of curious (Adrien Brody or Paul Bettany were the guys, IMHO) but Heath Ledger is a good actor and Christopher Nolan is good with actors.

8. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I thought Jack Nicholson and the guy who played Joker in the original Batman were pretty funny. I'm weird though.

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Yes, those were presented to be funny.

The Joker's character has always (aside from a few hiccups in the 1950s and 60s) been presented as a psycho killer. As a truly insane guy who kills constantly and indiscriminately, with all victims ending up with that grin across their faces.

Yes, I look forward to what Mr, Nolan will do with him, based on Batman Begins' tone.

10. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

Brokebat Mountain

Draft saved Draft deleted