1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Batman Begins

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baloo, May 26, 2006.

1. Baloo

Baloo Member

Excellent movie - finally saw this on hbo, but missed a part because had to take a phone call. Does anyone remember what happened to dr. crane? He seemed to go missing the last part of the movie, and then in the end, gordon just said he’d escaped – so did he get caught for his nerve-toxin experiment?

I hope they make a sequel, with many of the same people – bale was great. So was Caine as alfred, and Freeman as Fox was awesome. I loved it when he told Bale, “well, we never thought to market it to the billionaire spelunking, base-jumping crowd.”

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Dr. Jonathan Crane is still on the loose, and I expect to see him in action in the second movie.

Also, I expect my idol, Ra's al Ghul, didn't die in that train.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Didn't Scarecrow run off after getting nailed with his own gas?

And no way Ra's al Ghul is dead. I just hope they avoid the sci-fi aspects of the charter in the comics (Lazarus pits and such) and have him make it just because he's a tough, sneaky SOB.

I just hope the sequels can match this one. Dark and moody, avoiding the cartoonish stuff from the previous movies, and extremely well acted from Bale in the lead down to the smaller parts. I saw part of it on HBO the other day and was reminded how much I liked Linus Roache as Thomas Wayne, Bruce's doomed daddy -- reserved like his son would be, but likeable enough to have some impact when he is shot.

4. Baloo

Baloo Member

That's the first thing I thought of when you saw Ra in the train, and then saw it crash, but then didn't see any more... no way he's dead. ... That's another thing I found a little confusing though - what did Ra's mean when he said they burned down London? Is he head of a group that has existed through the ages?

5. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Are they going to redo the Joker movie AKA 'Batman'?
    Because we all know this was like a prequel to it.

Anyway, 'Batman Begins' is pretty good, Bale is awesome and if you can ignore Holmes, it's a pretty good flick.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yes.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I hope so. In the comics, he was immortal. I hate that magical crap. The more "realistic" Batman's world is, the better.

8. Baloo

Baloo Member

so is Ra's immortal, or is it just a title - sort of like the dread pirate roberts?

i agree about the realism. I thought it was brilliant to show bale with bruises, and alfred telling him he needs to come with a reason for why bruce wayne has such marks.

9. Armchair_QB

I don't know if Ra is immortal but I think it's pretty clear he heads a group that has been around for a long, long time.

10. Geauxdawg

Geauxdawg Member

I've heard a few names tossed around to play the Joker in the next one — Johnny Depp tops on the list, which would be awesome, as well as Jude Law and Paul Bettany (I think he'd be an interesting one as well).

11. Baloo

Baloo Member

According to IMDB, an actor named Lachy Hulme is also being considered http://imdb.com/title/tt0468569/

I sure hope they bring back morgan freeman.

12. Armchair_QB

It's going to be tough to top Jack Nicholson.

Draft saved Draft deleted