1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Batman Begins alert. Starting now on AMC

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Jan 23, 2012.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

One of those back-to-back showings. I just watched it and am still tempted to watch again.

2. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Absolutely not trying to be a dick by saying this, but:

If you like the movie that much...why don't you have it on DVD or Blu-Ray?

3. outofplace

I very rarely buy DVDs. Can't even remember the last one I bought for myself (the Mrs. bought me the original Star Wars trilogy a while back).

For some reason, I always enjoy stumbling upon a movie I like on television. Batman Begins probably would be the next in line if I bought one.

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

OK, fair point. My wife is a huge DVD...well, now Blu-Ray buyer. But only the movies we KNOW we will watch again...which actually is quite a few.

She is in love with the TV. I rarely have it on and stick to Hulu and Netflix for TV-viewing purposes (of course, I'm always a year behind on TV shows that way, except for the ones we both watch together).

5. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

See, for me, even if I own the movie, I will watch it every time when it's on TV. Same with Seinfeld, MASH, or whatever TV shows I also have on DVD.

6. outofplace

I do that, too. That's one reason I still haven't even broken the plastic seal around my copy of Bull Durhum.

7. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

My gym has a small flat screen on every treadmill and bike. I watched it while doing 3 miles on the bike last night. Otherwise, I have the blu-rays and I'm waiting until July to watch them, right before the finale.

Draft saved Draft deleted