1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Batman Begins Again

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by tyler durden 71351, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

So who's leading the comic book-to-movie war right now? DC or Marvel, and why?

2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Is that a short answer or essay question?

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Well, that's the character...and nobody ever said he was sane.

4. Clever username

Touche. It didn't bother me, I just found it amusing. I initially thought the killing of the farmer was actually a test, one he would pass by refusing to kill him in a nod to justice. Then gun powder started exploding, so that theory went down the crapper.

5. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

6. Clever username

I would answer but I'm not a comic book geek, just a Batman geek. I don't even really know which characters go with which publisher, other than Batman and DC and X-Men and Marvel. I think Superman is Marvel, but I'm not even sure of that.

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Machine GUNS. The plane was what I was thinkingg of, but the plane also.

It goes against the whole backstory.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Jeebus, boy!

DC = Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman

Marvel = Spider-man, X-Men, The Hulk, Fantastic Four

9. Clever username

So did the fact that Commissioner Gordon didn't know who Batman was and wanted him arrested. The Burton films were entertaining, nothing more.

10. Clever username

Well what do you know. I'm not a big Superman kind of guy. Guess I just wish he wasn't part of DC.

11. Clever username

I'd almost say it's a draw then, at least for now.

Superman, The Hulk, Fantastic Four sucked.

Spiderman 1 was good, 2 not so much. Edit: I don't like Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane. She's not the right kind of pretty for the character and the fake red hair takes me out of it. And she played the part way too sweet for being completely dismissive of Peter at first.

First two X-Men were great, three was meh.

Batman Begins was the best of all of them and I have a hard-on for the Dark Knight. The Batman series will tip it in DC's favor.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

We really don't need to know what gives you a hard on. Do you ask women to put on a cape and cowl?

Draft saved Draft deleted