1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Batman 3? (Dark Knight spoilers included)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by greenlantern, Jul 19, 2008.

1. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

I think Ra's could work. There's already an established feud between Batman and The Demon's Head. With a little help from a Lazarus Pit, we could have a hell of a war between these two going on. Obviously the villain's tone would be more straight on. I don't expect to see Liam Neeson in a Candy Striper's uniform. However, this could be more than Batman saving Gotham. It could be Batman saving the whole damn world.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The whole point of Batman allowing himself to become a fugitive was to save Dent's image. Having a memorial while quietly sending him away for help would fit right in with that.

Maybe I'm thinking too much comic book world here.

But I agree....if you are going to bring back somebody that is supposedly dead, make it Ra's Al Ghul. No Lazarus Pit, though. Just have the sneaky bastard somehow survive the crash.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

We were talking about this on the way home and I think if you're going to bring back an old-time Batman nemesis, the Riddler would be the best choice. I agree that the Penguin would be lame.

If it was the Riddler, who should play him?

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Nolan dropped a clue about the Joker into "Begins"; his "Dark Knight" clue to the villain for the next film was in the conversation between Bruce Wayne and Lucius Fox about the newest-model Bat-suit, when completely out of nowhere, Fox said (paraphrasing): "I don't know about dogs, but it will protect you against cats."

:eek: :eek:

[​IMG]

I thought that Reese (the little weaselly guy who kinda figured out Batman's secret identity and tried to run the blackmail scheme on Lucius Fox) might be setting up to be the Riddler.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Batman vs. the League of Assassins?
    Batman vs. the Holiday Killer?
    Batman vs. Superman?

6. Starman

Maybe. Remember, we never saw R'as Al Ghul's body. He doesn't need the "Lazarus Pit" or any other magical hocus-pocus to survive; just say he jumped clear of the train a fraction of a second before it crashed and escaped in the fireball and smoke that resulted. That's not even really very far-fetched. Except Batman, of course, being a genius detective, would have worked with Gordon to make sure the wreckage was searched down to the last pebble for R'as's corpse or even DNA, and if nothing was found, Batman would say, "Ummmmmmmmmm...uh-oh." :eek:

Maybe as a grand finale for the current franchise. Remember, Two-Face, right now, is the only villian known to be dead (he was seen dead on-screen).
    Nope. No contrived "battles." Batman and Superman are allies, and are back to being friends again, after the 15-year Frank Miller-inspired idiocy of having them be enemies. Plus, at this point, WB/DC has to worry about getting the Superman franchise up and fully on its feet before thinking of a "World's Finest" team-up.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If you go that direction, with the Riddler knowing Batman's identity, do you bring Hush along for the ride?

Personally, I was very disappointed they killed Two-Face. I think they could've either:
    1) Just had him on the loose at the end, leaving him for the third film
    2) Kept him as the "white knight" for now by having him kidnap Gordon's family, then having the coin come up heads -- so he's protecting them from the Joker. Leaves a good villain for Part 3, and he remains a big threat because you still don't know what side he's on.

8. Starman

Reese doesn't KNOW Bruce Wayne is Batman -- he strongly suspects he is.

I'm still expecting Earle, the corporate tool (played by Rutger Hauer) who was trying to maneuver Bruce Wayne out of Wayne Enterprises in "Begins," to resurface as a gangland boss at some point. With Falcone and Maroni both out of circulation at the end of TDK, the floor seems to be wide open for a new "crime kingpin" (as opposed to costumed-freak supervillain) in Gotham City.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

We didn't see Marconi's body, either, did we?

10. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

Maybe Batman will be hitting the small screen.

[​IMG]

11. Starman

Maroni and Falcone (from "Begins" ) are both supposedly in jail, I believe.

12. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Reese was far too lame (small, kinda chubby, obviously scared of Fox) to be a decent villain.

It'll be catwoman. It's the safest best in Nolan's world, where everything is dark and gloomy. I don't see the Penguin or the Riddler working in that environment.

Draft saved Draft deleted