1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Batkid saves Gotham

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Nov 15, 2013.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Make-A-Wish outdid itself so well that eventually they'll have a tone-deaf parent ask why their kid can't get an entire city shut down.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Seattle did something similar a few years back. Actually made me like Seattle for a few weeks.

Sadly, Erik Martin has since passed on.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That, and Starman ranting about how the president shouldn't be wasting his time on videos for sick kids.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Rather liked this dig at Los Angeles from one of the Gotham City Chronicle stories:

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Nice video by the Chronicle.

http://vimeo.com/79541124

6. DanOregon

New Cheer "We've Got Batkid" to replace "Beat L.A."

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Just don't call him Chief.

Photos by Peter Parker, too. No love for Jimmy Olson?

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He's on furlough.

The rest of the Gotham City Chronicle writers were laid off, which is why they needed to use the staffers from their sister paper, the Daily Chronicle. Planet.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I think you just found the hook for the inevitable Slate article about why yesterday sucked.

10. DanOregon

I figure some SF alternative paper will track down the public cost of the Batkid day in fuel, loss of productivity, and the shame of the City of SF for using a Lambo for the Batmobile instead of a more eco-sensetive Prius. What better way to be a "superhero" and not just save a person, but save the planet at the same time than an electric Batmobile?

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Saw this on AP last night and made sure to jam the story and a couple pics in our paper. Great stuff.

Readers of the Podunk Press will survive if they get this story instead of yet another writeup of political namecalling.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted