1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Batkid saves Gotham

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Nov 15, 2013.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I meant to put up this story earlier when I saw it a few days ago, but today is the day. This is super cool.

A 5-year-old boy Miles -- great name! -- has been battling leukemia since he was 1. Now in remission. And his choice for the Make A Wish Foundation was he wanted to save Gotham. In this case, San Francisco.

More than 12,000 people signed up to help him do that today. Even the San Francisco Chronicle got into the act with a mock newspaper of Batkid's heroics.

Here's the background.

http://bit.ly/HV07Z9

And you can follow him on his adventure.

http://bit.ly/1bt1aXp

2. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

This is really cool.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

What a cutie.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I think the TV stations are airing "Batkid Saves Gotham" bulletins too.

5. MileHigh

Here are the details from the Chronicle. There's a story written by "Clark Kent."

http://bit.ly/17WvUES

And the front page.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Just saw this. This beyond awesome

7. MileHigh

It's one of the best things I've seen in a long time. For so many people and organizations to come together like this for something so unique ... yeah, beyond awesome.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

On the next episode of Batkid: A toxic waste has inflitrated a sports stadium. Can Batkid save the Oakland A's from a move to the suburbs?

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I've had a Bay Area TV station's live stream running for most of the day now. It's just an awesome thing. And it's gotten dusty in here a couple of times.

10. MileHigh

Haven't gotten the feed, but I've seen pictures of the Batmobile, the police officers putting the Riddler in the back of a van, rescuing the damsel in distress tied up on a cable car line.

Would love to read a story of how Make-A-Wish pulled all of this together and the background to it. Because the end result is, well, again, damn cool.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

This is awesome.

12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I'm sitting here crying at my stupid computer. This is the stuff I try to remember when human beings go all ape shit on one another. It doesn't have to be that way.

LOVE this.

Draft saved Draft deleted