1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BASW 2010: Table of Contents

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Small Town Guy, Sep 15, 2010.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

BILL PLASCHKE. Scout’s Honor: It’s Phil Pote
    from The Los Angeles Times

Poindexter just threw a rock through a window and doesn't know why

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Ahem.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Hey, good call!! So, um, what are the Powerball numbers for this weekend? ;D

Congratulations to all who made it in or were chosen for an honourable mention. It's a wonderful feeling and I hope to experience it again someday.

4. reformedhack

reformedhack Well-Known Member

Speaking of good calls, I'd like to congratulate you for having the best avatar on SportsJournalists.com. Every time I see one of your posts, I sit and stare at it for a solid half-minute, hoping the short clip will continue, only to realize that, alas, it does not ...

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Hollandsworth's Texas Monthly story is outstanding.

6. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Yeah, but it was an entertaining, well-written fuck you. I think it spoke volumes on who Jose Canseco is, and where he exists right now. I liked it, but to each his own. I can see why Gammons loved it.

Has Pat Jordan ever guest-edited BASW?

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Does someone have a link to the Marinovich piece?

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

http://www.esquire.com/features/the-game/todd-marinovich-0509

It was a National Magazine award winner in profile and on multiple reads, it just gets better.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Thinking about Lake's article and others on the list - almost all of them were just out there, not the result of the author being in the right place at the right time. These writers probably keep their eyes peeled for interesting stories off the beaten path or search for angles others have missed.
    Reminds me of something Spielberg said about writing: He said if you want to be a better writer, read more. Books like this are a good place to start.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Texas Monthly seems to have at least one piece in BASW every year.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Texas Monthly's praises are sung every now and then around here, I think it's one of the best magazines out there.

12. Mike, just read your story the other day. Fantastic. Congratulations. Nice to see a Pennsylvania guy get some love in BASW.

Draft saved Draft deleted