1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Basketball Hall of Fame Class 2019

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I won't argue he has warts. I think Webber is being held out for similar reasons.

32 coaches have made at least 3 Final Fours. The 12 with at least 5 appearances are all in.
    There are 8 with 4. Seven of them have been inducted -- the only one who hasn't is Billy Donovan.

That leaves 13 with 3. 8 of them are not in yet, although Jay Wright will be if he never gets to another.

So if three is a 50-50 proposition, I get that. I'd argue after Wright, Sutton is the best of the crop -- the others are Forrest Anderson, Vic Bubas, Harry Combes, Joe B. Hall, Ben Howland, Edwin Jucker

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Does Jones open the door for others? Michael Cooper?

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Al Attles. Overdue.

Won an NBA title coaching Golden State. Still works for the team. And who could forget the night he and Wilt Chamberlain combined for 117 points in one game?

Joe Williams likes this.
  4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Dennis Rodman didn't for Ben Wallace

5. Della9250

I doubt for someone like Cooper, who is well below Jones in a lot of areas.

Wallace, on the other hand, was a finalist seven years after his retirement and for a guy like him, that's a major achievement -- he's going to get in at some point.

6. Della9250

I mentioned it when the intial list came out -- this was a backlog candidate type of ballot. Next year will be Kobe, Duncan and Garnett to take three of the five or six slots on the North American Committee.

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Heck of a player, but all defensive teams are like gold gloves in baseball; once you win one or two, you tend to make it for years.

NBA All-Defensive Team - Wikipedia

Draft saved Draft deleted