1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Basketball fans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Donovan Caronna, Jan 31, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Donovan Caronna

Donovan Caronna New Member

Where my ballers at? Let me know some of your favorite teams, players, schools, coaches, anything! Get a convo going

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think the team at Cadwalladder really has a shot at upsetting Western this week. I don't know why Coach Smith hasn't put Henry Steele in more - that kid has range.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

your

4. Donovan Caronna

Donovan Caronna New Member

you right

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Yes I is.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Orange roundie, yo!

7. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Whaddya got there, the ol' leather pumpkin?

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I gots next.

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

The 1984 Georgetown Hoyas.

10. Songbird

Growing up with the local teams ...

* USC -- especially the '93 team that had its knees whacked by Forrest and the '01 team that lost to Duke in the Elite 8
    * Long Beach State in the '90s, and really the Big West with UNLV when they were the final game of Big Monday tripleheaders

Nationally over the decades ...

* Ewing's Hoyas
    * Pearl Washington
    * Big East hoops ca. '82-'88'ish
    * Notre Dame the last several years -- nobody runs offense and moves without the ball better than Brey's guys
    * Wisconsin with Kaminsky and Dekker

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I was a senior in high school in 1990 when UNLV dominated everyone during the regular season, and I used to love staying up late on the East Coast to watch them crush teams out West. So talented that team. The Billy Tubbs Oklahoma teams of the late 80s were fun to watch. Their games against Loyola Marymount were hugely entertaining.

12. Songbird

USC had the 3 freshmen -- Kimball, Gathers, Lewis. That was a good team. The future was bright. It was finally going to happen.

And then they all left. It was hard not to root for Loyola Marymount the years Kimball and Gathers were there, and I followed Pepperdine somewhat when Lewis went there.

Who knows what USC could have been another few years if those 3 guys had stayed. With them, USC was the first non-con team to win at Arkansas in like a decade.

That was when you knew that USC had something special in the making. Until they didn't.

Draft saved Draft deleted