1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball's Code of Retribution

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by tapintoamerica, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Stevie, they always sucked shit. I say that as someone born before 1983, which might put me in the minority here. I saw The Dark Crystal in 1983, Stevie.

2. StevieNicks

StevieNicks Member

Then you simply are Satan, Lee.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I know if I heard that two teams I was umpiring had that kind of history going, I'd warn both coaches before the game started that *any* hit batsmen would automatically result in ejections for both starting pitcher and manager. Even at the level I umpire, which is so low that pitchers who hit batters often do so because they have a hard time consistently hitting the strike zone.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

She can STILL bring it. And don't you forget it.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

See, that sort of blanket policy is ridiculous. You have to, as an umpire, have the discretion to be able to tell the difference between intentional and unintentional. Saw a game where a warning had been issued, and an inning or two later, a guy got hit on a 2-2 count with the bases loaded, and the umpire ran him and the coach. Made no sense to me.

7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

This ump crew didn't even have to read the papers or the Internets the next morning. Watching Crisp and Maddon woofing at each other when Maddon came out to change pitchers should've been enough.

Draft saved Draft deleted