1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball writer, Orange County Register

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by ksharon, Dec 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turd-Ferguson

Turd-Ferguson New Member

The LA Times has been doing this for quite some time with its Laker coverage. It started with the Kamentzky brothers - who now do the same thing for ESPN LA - and was passed on to somebody else.

2. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Having started out in the late '70s, my path was small town covering preps > slightly bigger town, but covering the NFL and it went from there.

I can't even begin to say that path is available now, however, I still think it has to be at least partially true that one path is going to be willing to go anywhere and do anything, get some clips and make a name for yourself, and go from there.

Or is that notion passe at this point? And I'm not being facetious in asking the question.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Didn't we once close threads once the job is filled? I keep thinking each time this comes back that the job is open again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.