1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball writer needed

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by Covers.com Team, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Covers.com, a preferred website among sports bettors, is searching for freelance baseball writers.

Writers must have:
    • B.A. in English or Journalism
    • Strong understanding of AP style writing
    • Passion for Major League Baseball
    • Understanding of baseball odds and sports betting jargon

Please email resume and writing samples to editorial@covers.com with attention marked to Ashton Grewal.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hey Ashton, we have a freelance board for this. But I'll bet you knew that anyway...

3. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Taken care of, slap.

4. Thanks guys. I'll get it right next time.

5. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Does it take forever to get paid out, like when you're a customer of these sites? I'm still waiting on $250 from 2000.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Covers.com is not a betting site.

7. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Another freelancer I know does a bit of work for them and says it's been pretty good so far, for what it's worth.

8. Tucsondriver

Tucsondriver Member

Anyone know if they're able to get their reporters credentialed? Even though it's not a sports betting site, I could see flacks getting squeamish about the idea...

9. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

What kind of freelance work is this?... Is this game coverage, or features, or what?

10. ripple

ripple Member

Same question.

11. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I'm pretty sure this is more about trends and overall issues.

Here's the primary story. From what I understand, it's not a whole lot of game coverage.

http://www.covers.com/articles/featureArticle.aspx?theArt=182098

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

C'mon, a gambling website is not going to be sending people into MLB pressboxes.

Go to their site and read the articles already posted to get an idea of what they are looking for.

Draft saved Draft deleted