1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread Rated X -- Mature Audiences Only

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Sep 3, 2006.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

Roals have played tough for a couple of months. But they're still the Royals.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And they still have as many World Series titles as the White Sox -- and Red Sox -- since 1919 in their 30-some year history. Just saying.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

True. But I can always play the Cubs-haven't-won-a-title-in-98-years card. So I've got that.

BTW, have the Royals made the playoffs since their title run in '85? I couldn't remember if they did in the late 80s or early 90s.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No, but they are the last Missouri team to win the World Series, so there is that.

5. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Here is the Brewers' play the last 3 weeks in picture form:

[​IMG]

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

But they haven't run off 14 straight losing seasons like my Pirates. The MLB record is 16, and is all Pittsburgh's in three years.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That's the other team I claim (born in Pittsburgh, raised in KC). Boy, am I lucky.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

You could live on the Gulf Coast of Florida and see Pirates games in the spring and Devil Rays games during the regular season.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

[​IMG]

10. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

I got a bet with BYH about the REds ...

and Cincinnati is now 68-68.
    26 games left.
    I need to find the original thread with the wager, but I believe I said the Reds would not finish .500. May have been 'not win 80 games.'

Either way, the Reds need to go 13-13 the rest of the way for BYH to win the bet.

Oh, and Cincy is 1.5 out of the wild card race.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, but they've definitely tiptoed up onto the diving board. :eek: :eek:

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm pretty sure you said they wouldn't finish .500. Wager is a week away from the board.

Enjoy your vacation! :D

(And we didn't bet on this, but all's fair since you brought up the Reds, so how are your Angels looking?)

Draft saved Draft deleted