1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread No. 18: Here's a Quarter, Buy a Klu

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dickens Cider, Sep 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I would just like to say, thank you Rays. And please, wrap up the AL East title sooner than later. The Red Sox have so much history, they don't need the AL East, but you do.

2. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

SportsJournalists.com members would be surprised, but as much as I'd love to see the Red Sox win the division, I'd love to see the Rays win it a bit more. It gets boring when it's the Yankees and Red Sox battling it out in the division. And, finally, the division is becoming stronger as the Blue Jays are showing signs of optimism and Baltimore is probably only within two-three years of having a team to contend for possibly a wild card spot. Nothing is more exciting than some healthy competition and some new, more meaningful, rivalries

3. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Well, I've kind of accepted that the Rays will likely win it. I am still going to root for the Sox until the end, but by the end of the regular season, if the Rays win it, then so be it. I won't be upset as if it were the Yankees who won it again.

The Sox open their regular season against the Rays at home next season, and I, for one, will be there hating against the Rays again.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

but, the question is, is he hitting .400?

5. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

We can't break his spirit too much :D

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

but wasn't larry supposed the be the ghost of ted williams?

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

dammit, buck. you officially made that no. fun. at. all.

see ya in another 40 pages, killjoy.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Marlins had opportunity to swap starters tonight, pushing back Olsen to tomorrow and pitching Johnson tonight.

Instead, they will pitch Olsen three more times the rest of the season, and Johnson only twice.

Stupid.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

How many pitches did he throw?

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Since Dusty is his manager, I'll estimate that Harang threw 12,000 pitches. All sliders and curves.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

You were close. Box says 111.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

So in other words, you and the 15 other people who attend home games are pissed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.