1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread IV

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), May 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

It's why the Cardinals will continue to struggle in October, so long as there are smart managers, of course.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

When people say "there's no such thing as clutch hitting" just point them in the direction of David Wright.

3. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Absolutely. And a shout out to Endy Chavez and Reyes for grinding out a single when he couldn't get the bunt down.

Meanwhile hopefully Valentin will continue to play for sack-o-shit Matsui. Kaz said that he'll be back in the lineup when he gets on a hot streak but the chances of that happening in 2006 are slim at best.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

You mean like, if your catchers are Barnett and Pierzynski? ;)

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Or, Pujols will come around to score every time, the Cardinals will win every game in the entire series by one run, and the losing manger will look at Pujols' line for four games:

0 14 0 2

and say, "Well, at least we didn't let Pujols beat us."

::) ::) ::)

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, I fucking loved it.
    I'm sure the Phils did. Got 'em into the Nats collection of gas can carriers and a close game was not so close anymore.
    Gary Majewski is Ryan Howard's bitch.

7. Moderator1

And allow me to veer WAY off topic momentarily:
    I've now read "that is all" to end a post on two different threads by two different posters and I'm baffled.
    I'm not being an ass, I seriously want to know. I don't understand the point, is it some message-board/Internet slang that I'm not hip to or what?

If that is all, why not just end the post? When nothing more is there, we know that is all.
    Or is there another meaning? Thanks for enlightening this old guy and we can then get back to baseball.

(Your favorite team loses 11-2, you look for diversions. So sue me)

8. Moddy - when I read "that is all" - I harken back to the days of MASH where every disembodied public address announcement to the camp ended with the words "that is all".

I think that was the genesis of the phrase in its current usage.

9. Moderator1

Makes sense, thanks. Kind of an "over and out" thing.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Tony LaRussa, who plays the "don't let that guy beat you" card more than Buck Showalter did, will whine like the little bitch he is that teams aren't pitching to Pujols.

And you're right, Dusty's not smart enough to walk Pujols.

Darren is smart enough, but I think he gets that from his mom.

11. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Moddy, I'm pretty sure "That is all" is the way some of our genius members like to say, "End of thread," meaning anything else any of us might have to say is insignificant. At least, that's my take. If I'm wrong, correct me.

And I'm sure that ISN'T all.

12. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Armchair and Zeke,

You are most certainly correct. In fact, I think Dusty will have Neifi throw at Pujols for "a change of pace."

"Hey, he's never seen Neifi," he'll say. "I'm just mixing it up a little. Besides, Neifi thrives in these situations. We can pitch him and bat him second, and it will spread our power out more evenly."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.