1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread IV

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), May 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I read the AP story. Penny is PISSED.

"You ain't Pedro," Little said.

Kidding. He didn't say that. But Penny is PISSED.

2. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

If you give up six hits in a row, three of them doubles, then you should be pissed. At yourself.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Said it was the first jam he's been in, he didn't appreciate not being able to work his way out of it.

4. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

Can't blame him for that, especially since LA still led by three runs when he was yanked.

Still, you don't go ape-shit like that in the dugout where every camera can see you.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

So Brad Penny has an 8-1 lead, gives up 6 straight hits, brings the tying run to the plate in the 5th inning and he's bitching that he was pulled without a chance to get a win.
    Yeah, he's got a case.

6. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

Pujols at 25 homers and 64 RBIs on May 29.

Funny story: There are people who actually didn't vote for him for MVP last year.

7. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Funnier story: There are people who are actually still throwing him pitches in the strike zone.

8. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

No manager is going to walk the go-ahead run into scoring position.

9. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

That pretty much sums up the saga of Brad Penny -- crybaby. He's pissed because he didn't get to pitch out of a jam? Hell, he'd already created one jam in that inning and didn't pitch out of it.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Created a jam, hell. He was getting rocked.

11. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

At some point, some NL manager is going to walk Pujols for an entire series, and the Cardinals will lose said series. The manager will be called a genius while anyone who has a brain will say "I'VE BEEN SAYING THIS SINCE APRIL!!!"

That is all.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Chase Utley is on my roto team. He hit a grounder that knocked Mike O'Connor out of the game today.

Oh, yeah, O'Connor's on my team, too.

Gotta love when one of your guys knocks out another one of your guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.