1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread IV

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), May 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

During their historic 23-game losing streak, the 1961 Phillies never looked as bad as the current bunch does against the Mets tonight. Neither did the '64 Phils ever approach this level of suckitude during the 10-game losing streak that blew their 6 1/2 game lead with 12 left to play.
    I suppose if a team is going to give an appalling performance, it should be an historic one.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Quick question about umpire assignments.

Do umps do games from both leagues now? I remember a number of years ago, there would be NL and AL umps.

But I see Tony Randazzo is doing the Tiger game today. And I'm pretty sure he was the ump that did the bumping in the Colorado-Pittsburgh game a week or so ago.

3. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Yeah, they got rid of the NL/AL ump thing several years ago.

4. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Unit ejected for hitting/brushing back Eddie Perez, in retaliation for Posada getting hit... Benches clear... No punches thrown...

5. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

wes fucking helms

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Jamey Fucking Carroll.

Three home runs? What is HE on?

That's for the season, not for tonight. That's a lot for him.

Rockies are en route to 100 runs.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Mets 3-4-5 hitters in the month of June (11 games plus  5 inns. tonight against Phutile Phils)

Beltran:
    .390; 4 HR, 15 RBI, 15 runs scored
    Delgado
    .340, 4 HR, 14 RBI, 10 runs scored
    Wright
    .400, 5 HR, 12 RBI, 13 runs scored

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Can a pitcher have two Blown Saves in the same game?

9. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

chipper's either gonna smash one in the gap right here or hit into a double play. It's tough to see my beloved Braves so bad off that they have to bring in kenny frigging ray to try for a two-inning save because they don't have any better options.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

It's got to be fun to be Jose Reyes these days. Every time you get on, you're almost guaranteed to score a run.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Had to love AJones and Francouer getting punched out with the bases loaded. Isn't Borowski a former Brave?

But your favorite team didn't bring in Mike Stanton. Mine did.

12. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

he is indeed a former brave. there was some talk going around recently that they might try to bring him back in a deal for dontrelle and give up a bunch of prospects, including saltalamacchia. Borowski might be an upgrade in the bullpen (which basically says nothing), but that would probably be a bad move.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.