1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread 3 - The Jody Reed Edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), May 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I was just about to post that. I looked it up too.

I'm shocked!

2. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

That's not a shocker.

Angel Hernandez pulled the same shit the last time he was at Fenway.

3. Armchair_QB

Angel would be far and away the worst umpire in baseball if it wasn't for C.B. Bucknor.

Angel's still the worst but C.B. is keeping it close.

4. topsheep

topsheep Member

Looked it up: Angel Hernandez, and Carmona was the pitcher. He's a strapping dude.

Anyway, just watching the highlights I got the feeling Hernandez was just waiting for Carmona to say something.

5. topsheep

topsheep Member

BTW, in the original post on this, Carmona *didn't* lose his head.

6. Armchair_QB

I'm sure he was. That's Angel's game. It's one of the great mysteries of American sports how that fuckstain continues to get away with impersonating an umpire.

7. Armchair_QB

If Gregg blows this I hope Lou kills him with his bare hands.

8. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I'd be worried about you getting to him first, A_QB.

9. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I'm surprised Milton Bradley didn't tear a hamstring on that catch right there.

10. Armchair_QB

And that's why they're the Pirates.

Down three with no outs, Sanchez hauls ass to third on a fly ball to deep right. Bradley catches it on the track and doubles Sanchez off at first.

11. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Absolutely loving the fans in Baltimore right now who are in the 11th inning against the Blue Jays.

One fan yells: "Go back to Canada!!!"

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Someone asked about Detwiler? Lots of promise. Not ready for big leagues but what the hell? Let him get his head kicked in a couple of times and learn from it. I saw him once last year in Class A and again on Saturday. He's made some progress. Shit, he would have had six innings of no hitter if Willie Harris had fucking covered second base. He walked the bases loaded including the pitcher. Shit happens. But he should have been out of it. Struck out Adam Jones, no small feat. Then got a weak grounder out of Markakis. Zimmerman slides over to pick it up, momentum taking him toward second. No time to plant and fire to first. So he readies his throw - and no one is on second. Only hit, only run allowed. Nats now using John Lannan and four rookies in the rotation.

Angel Hernandez is awful and goes out of his way to create or prolong confrontation. Just terrible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.