1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball scoring question

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KYSportsWriter, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

Thanks, guys. I thought it would be K-FC because, like I said earlier, there was an out recorded somewhere, but a local coach I consulted argued for K-PB, CS 2-1.

That particular catcher made my life miserable all year with stunts like that. I'm glad he's moved on.

2. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Rule 10.07(h) Comment: In those instances where a pitched ball eludes the catcher and the runner is put out trying to advance, the official scorer shall not charge any “caught stealing.” The official scorer shall not charge any caught stealing when a runner is awarded a base due to obstruction or when a runner is called out due to interference by the batter. The official scorer shall not charge a runner with a caught stealing if such runner would not have been credited with a stolen base had such runner been safe (for example, when a catcher throws the runner out after such runner tries to advance after a ball that had eluded the catcher on a pitch).

Draft saved Draft deleted