1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by Go State, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Go State

Go State Member

I will be in Cooperstown from July 27-29 and am available for features, blogs or coverage of the ceremony. PM me if you need help.

2. Go State

Go State Member

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

not saying this to be a dick to Go State, but has ANYONE here ever gotten a gig by volunteering their services on the board?

4. ChillyWilly

ChillyWilly Guest

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

has anyone ever gotten a gig off this board by not volunteering their services on the board?

just sayin'.

6. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

(innocent bystander...) ;)

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

This question was asked on the subscriber board, and the answer is "absolutely". It's what this board is for, so anyone with services to offer within reason is very welcome to post.

8. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

I can tell you first hand that the board has been extremely helpful in my finding guys for gigs for my clients...

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

I know Dan gets writers for his gigs, and that's awesome.

But gigs for posters who are volunteering their services? Those threads seemed to be greeted with crickets.

I'm glad it's working for someone.

10. ChillyWilly

ChillyWilly Guest

Yes, I have received work from volunteering my services on this site.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

It's gotten me one gig.

One.

But that was a very good gig. And I hope it's a gig I can repeat at some point.

Draft saved Draft deleted