1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Hall of Fame Ballot Released

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Here they are: the good, the borderline and the dregs.

Holdovers:
    Albert Belle, Bert Blyleven, Dave Concepcion, Andre Dawson, Steve Garvey, Rich Gossage, Orel Hershiser, Tommy John, Don Mattingly, Jack Morris, Dale Murphy, Dave Parker, Jim Rice, Lee Smith, Alan Trammell.

Newcomers:
    Harold Baines, Dante Bichette, Bobby Bonilla, Scott Brosius, Jay Buhner, Ken Caminiti, Jose Canseco, Eric Davis, Tony Fernandez, Tony Gwynn, Wally Joyner, Mark McGwire, Paul O'Neill, Cal Ripken Jr., Bret Saberhagen, Devon White, Bobby Witt.

I'm very liberal but I'd vote for Gwynn, Ripken, Rice, Blyleven, Dawson, Rice, Gossage and John. I'm on the fence for Morris, Trammell, McGwire and I waffle on Baines.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Gwynn, Ripken, Dawson, Rice, Gossage would definitely be on my ballot. McGwire possibly.

Note that I didn't mention Bobby Witt. I feel it's a foregone conclusion he'll break Tom Seaver's vote percentage record.

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Whoda thunk Dante Bichette would be the reason Jose Canseco wouldn't be a first-year guy.

4. I think the fix will be in so that only Gwynn and Ripken have to share the stage.

I would vote for Rice and Dawson and maybe Blyleven.

NO WAY Mark McGwire makes it

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Who is going to fix it?

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

My votes are in bold.

Eric Davis had the most talent of anyone listed on the ballot. Too bad his injuries took away too much from his career.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I was wondering when we'd see some love for Jack Morris. He was one of the best in the game for a long time and had some dominant post-season performances. He belongs in the Hall of Fame.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Good call, Freelance. Those would be my picks too.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Gwynn, Ripken, Blyleven, Gossage and either Lee Smith or Jack Morris.

10. David Stern - you have no idea how powerful a man he is.

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

The flipside of this ballot is which guy does a heavy sales job just to get one HOF vote like that former Astros pitcher, Jim Deshaies?

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Buhner? Buhner? Buhner?

Draft saved Draft deleted