1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball and NASCAR stringers needed

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by jordwalt, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jordwalt

jordwalt New Member

For the sports sites Inspin.com and WagerWeb.com. For baseball, looking for someone (with plenty of baseball experience) to write a short news/feature story a day. 500 words or so. Pay is $100 per week. For NASCAR, looking for maybe two stories a week (experience also required), including a race preview. Pay is $50 for 2 (again, nothing monstrously long). Reply to Jordwalt@yahoo.com.

2. Hoop Time

Hoop Time Member

A story a day for $100 a week, plenty of experience required. Well hell, I bet they are lining up for that opportunity. Heck, the pay almost covers the cost of your gas to get to the ballpark, leaving only the cost of a ticket to come out of pocket (since we know WagerWeb.com ain't getting a seat in the press box).

3. jordwalt

jordwalt New Member

Well, smart---, I'm not expecting you to go the park, but rather do it from home. If you can't do a 500-word story basically compiled from wires in 30 minutes or so, then you aren't any good.

4. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

So what you want is to plagarize information for peanuts?
    Why would anyone want this? Give me one good damn reason why someone would accept this position?

5. busuncle

busuncle Member

I'm sure experienced baseball beat writers will leap at the opportunity to string for gambling Web sites.

6. jordwalt

jordwalt New Member

Then I guess you guys don't have to worry about it. It's so difficult to put your own spin on a news story!!

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Neither is your site.

8. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

One word.....unprofessional

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Apparently it's still easier than getting the news yourself.

10. BH33

BH33 Member

So, 7 stories, $100? That's $14.29 per story.

Jordwalt is right when he said, "If you can't do a 500-word story basically compiled from wires in 30 minutes or so, then you aren't any good."

What he doesn't get is that if you're any good, you're not going to plagarize a 500-word story for $14.29.

11. jordwalt

jordwalt New Member

I might take offense to this if BH33 actually knew how to spell plagiarize. I'm sure the Brokeback Tribune or whatever clown outfit he works for doesn't have spellcheck as an option.

Again, don't apply.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I hope you never have to apply for a real-world job. Flaming people on message boards and alluding to their sexuality won't win you many fans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.