1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Barry Bonds responds to Bob Costas and Patrick 'The Chemist' Arnold

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Jul 26, 2007.

1. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

Exactly, that is obvious & what we have been trying to say.

EVERYBODY does this. I would do this for radio/TV, etc. It is common sense.

The ultimate arrogance is acting like nobody influences you and you come up with great insights on stuff you don't know out of thin air. The real sham is how many good sources get NO CREDIT from many in the media for their info/help. I happily credit mine.

Great post!!!

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Good post, OOP. The best way, IMO, to say it is this: you do your job, I do mine. If you want to tell me how to do my job, then jump over the fence and spend some time seeing what I have to do on a daily basis to interview and get stories from jocks like you.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I thought that Bonds' response to Costas' "I came by all of it naturally" was very telling and, to me, incriminating.

"How do you know?" was what No. 25 came up with.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. John D. Villarreal

What's with the dumb cat pics?

6. RokSki

RokSki New Member

same old same old

7. John D. Villarreal

Yeah, looks like censorship is alive and well. I guess some can't handle the truth. Hmm, VERY revealing!!

8. RokSki

RokSki New Member

if u cant beat em, cat em? LOL!!!

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Just nuked some of the best content ever posted, didn't they? Shame.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I wondered what happened to that. Though I am occasionally annoyed with the decisions made, that's part of the deal on any message board. Don't like what the mods do? Go somewhere else.

Anyway, back to better baseball through chemistry....(yeah right)

11. John D. Villarreal

Yes, they did. They are scared and got slammed. The "clique" got smoked so bad they don't know what to do & can't admit they are wrong.

However, in doing so. Whoever did that broke an explicit agreement I had with Webby. Thus, they are defying the rules of the board (AGAIN!).

I am pretty sure I know who it is & if I am correct I would question his moderating credentials.

In any event, we may need to revive that thread here where he can't touch it until Webby clears things up. Peeps can check out the vids in my sig below!

John

12. boots

boots New Member

First off, Fuck Bob Costas. He used the show as an attack on Bonds. That was obvious.
    He is not the national spokesman for baseball. Unfortunately, people think that he is but he has his own agenda. His special is proof of that.

Draft saved Draft deleted