1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Barry Bonds headlines (real ones)

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Chi City 81, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I've ponied up. Twice.

2. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

That would be a nice head to go with a photo of him pointing up right after he hit the thing.

3. I think the fact that it gets your approval scares me more than if you regurgitated your original line.

4. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Said this earlier, but I think we are going with "The New King" in gigantic type with 756 shadowed somewhere behind Barry.

Barry's World doesn't mean shit in the historic perspective of all this.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I notice Yahoo! Sports removed its asterisk from their big 756.

Perhaps someone there got a twinge of journalistic ethics? Or perhaps I'm confusing them with ESPN?

6. No, because you're an asshole.

7. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Wow. Talk about having NO self-awareness. How in the hell does "Barry's World" make any more sense than anything else anyone has said.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Sad, but true.

And Hustle, the headline we went with on 1A for our columnist's take was "Bonds stands alone," with a subhead that said "Unlike Aaron, new home run king solitary, tragic figure." Of course, that combo makes more sense if you know the context of the column.

9. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Yeah, it is us that is spinning. Right.

10. Hustle

Hustle Guest

I'd highly recommend others to get themselves checked out if they're on the same wavelength as me... :p :)

11. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Anyway, to get back to Doc's original intent, what are people putting on the front for tomorrow?

12. How about something simple like,

The chase is over

or

A Giant swing

Draft saved Draft deleted