1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Barefoot Contessa stubs her toe ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by doctorquant, Mar 29, 2011.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Seems celebrity chefs can run afoul of the news cycle, too ...

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/barefoot-contessa-turns-make-kid/story?id=13238578

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I watch her show occasionally, and the odd dynamic between her and the husband is a little creepy. But, god, I love her cookbooks.

As to the story, what a bitch, if true.

3. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Don't get why someone's a bitch because she doesn't say yes to every charitable request that comes her way, especially considering she probably wasn't even the one saying no.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

*shrug*. Her choice.

5. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

It probably was a horrible slip-up by her PR folks. If so, they should be fired. Pronto. If not, what a . . . ahem . . . tool.

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

She hangs out with Mike Lupica, so what do you expect? ;)

7. derwood

derwood Active Member

Huh?

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Lupica has been on her show as a dinner guest at least a couple of times. Since a lot of people on this board think he's evil, I figured maybe they'd assume she's evil too. That's the joke. They could both be saints for all I know, I was just kidding around.

9. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

It's a Make-a-Wish child, not a Bowling for Alpacas event. This was the second time she's turned down the kid. Took Ina a long time to address this story (she absolutely knew about it) -- it's been out for days. Sure, it's her choice not to participate in the child's wish, but there's a reason this story leaked. I'm still going to buy her cookbooks, though.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I agree. It's not like some fly-by-night group wants her to donate money or something. It's Make-A-Wish, which has been around for years. Is she really *that* busy where she couldn't take 10 lousy minutes with the kid? Heck, make a bowl of jello or something with the kid.

I understand that celebs get a lot of requests. But seriously. It's 10 frigging minutes. The kid is going through enough problems. Suck it up and smile for the camera.

11. Petrie

Petrie Guest

John Cena agrees with Baron's take.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

My ex-wife loved watching her show. I never saw the appeal of an entitled rich snot running around the Hamptons and cooking overly elaborate shit for her equally self-important friends.

Draft saved Draft deleted