1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Barbaro with Another Setback

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Well, we can't relate because we're regular folks. These people have gobs of cash - so that's no object. And I guess - emphasize guess - that I don't think they want America to think they just said, "Fuck it, juice him up."

I think there's two points made. I'm firmly on the side of icing him if it is hopeless and he's in pain.
    I'm not on the side of wishing him to die, fucking die.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Me too. This could change EVERYTHING.

3. Moderator1

Yes and no. It's the Kentucky Derby winner, injured on television in the Preakness. Became a bit more than just a horse there.

4. Moderator1

Almost every life insurance policy has something called a suicide contestability clause. That may not be the exact name, it's something like that.
    Basically, if you ice yourself in the first two years they don't have to pay.
    After the two years, they pay even if you do the ziggy.

I've had my policy for ages. They pay.

Not sure how the work policies handle this kind of thing. I've never looked at the terms of the policy that is included among my benefits.

5. Moderator1

And J-kie, I love all my pets just the same and I've posted before that I cried for three days when I had to put my ol' girl "to sleep."
    I've also never had a pet win the Kentucky Derby. And I ain't made of cash. So i can't relate to what they are going through here.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

Well, you are a Nats fan, so your family may get cash sooner than later....

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I wish the story would come to an end, too. A happy ending would be best, but I really could care less.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

I am tired of the story because of the owners' greed.
    It's not fair to make him suffer so they can get a few swimmers out.

9. Moderator1

Having the big one pays on my personal and work policy. I know that.

10. Outta Here

Outta Here Guest

Those of you sick of the coverage -- ignore it. If you have to put in the paper if you're an editor, deal with it. The owners of that horse are not doing it for the stud fees at this point -- the insurance will make up for that just fine. They'd be perfectly happy if he could just graze on their farm at this stage of the game. Sure they'd like more millions -- who wouldn't -- but if you've ever owned horses (or any pet) and think you can keep he/she alive comfortable you're going to do so if you have the means. And if you have a heart.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I wish they'd kill off Roger Clemens so I didn't have to read updates about him.

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

Holy shit.

First of all......I can't believe Idaho said that..........that came from WAY out of left field.

Second of all....If the horse is in pain, they need to put him down. Period.

Third of all......If it turns out that the owners are in the stable trying to jerk off a horse when he is in a lot of pain.......well, here's hoping they take a squirt right in the eye socket.

Draft saved Draft deleted