1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Barack Obama is back in the bush

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CD Boogie, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

We’ve got one of those here!

2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

ha, but what about those chicklettes teeth?

3. lakefront

who likes bullfighting??

4. lakefront

I think an official portrait should look like the person. Obama's is ok, a little funky maybe but at least it looks like him. I like traditional things for traditional places (Smithsonian). Those may be better suited somewhere else.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

A teenage girl from L.A. who moved here and came into the gallery not too long ago is a big fan and styled some of her work after Kehinde's. He's the South Beach of the art world these days.

6. Dick Whitman

As I recall, @typefitter was sent all the way to Spain to profile a celebrity. He ends up getting like 20 minutes with said celebrity - hazard of that line of work, I imagine - and says, “Fuck it, I’m going to write about bullfighting instead.”

lakefront likes this.
  7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Interesting to see some of the other works in the National Portrait Gallery.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TowelWaver and franticscribe like this.
  8. Dick Whitman

It’s almost as if this isn’t the first out-of-the-box portrait and the criticism is politically motivated.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I don't think it's criticism so much as enjoying a couple goofy (to each his own) pictures. Obama's portrait made for some good visual laughs re: Wrigley Field ivy, Homer Simpson, etc.

Draft saved Draft deleted