1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bamberger's year on the Philly beat

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Aussie_Nick, Aug 14, 2006.

1. lono

lono Active Member

Wow. Great stuff ...

2. Bamberger is shit

3. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Holy shit, that's long. Thanks Estreet. I'll read it when I take a sick day. :D

4. bamberger strode onto the beat thinking he was better than all the beat guys, thinking he didn't have to roll up his sleeves and do the grunt work -- getting to the ballpark early, hours in the clubhouse, talking to scouts, etc. he embarrassed himself in print constantly with mistakes, lack of understanding of the game - all the result of laziness and a sense of entitlement. he is an arrogant prick.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I read this with Mad World from Donnie Darko playing in the background. Spooky.

6. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Wow. That was one of the most interesting things I've read in some time.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

bamberger. what a whiny wuss. :mad: :mad: :mad:

how in tarnation he sold s.i. on the value of this story is still beyond me. ??? ??? ???

8. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

At the end of that article, I don't know who I despise more: Bamberger or Brown

9. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Exactly.

Shit, if I went to everyone's house who didn't like me to find out why, I wouldn't have time to post on here. :D

What a baby.

10. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Did he also stop the game to tell the umps that they missed a balk by the pitcher? </MichelleWie>

11. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Well luckily his career has gone to shit since those days (/sarcasm)

12. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Well done, Pope. 8)

I remember reading this story and thinking three things: 1) guys can get breast cancer???? 2) karma's a bitch, and 3) what am I doing reading this? What's the point on any level: journalistically or informationallly?

Draft saved Draft deleted