1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bama fan teabags allegedly dead LSU fan at Bourbon Street Krystal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Did he say it was an excuse. I thought the word "despicable" was laced in their somewhere.

You know what else is disgusting? Alcoholism on the loose. Both the perp and victim here probably have the disease.

Do I think the guy's a sex offender? Based on this, no, I don't. I think he's a drunk with the same warped view of sex that many Americans have. If the state of Alabama wants to burn taxpayer money on throwing the guy in jail for however many years then tracking the dude with a bracelet, that's the court's choice, but I can think of better ways of money being spent.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Nice imagery there.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

"Hey Bagger!!!!...
    Hey Bagger!!!!...
    Hey Bagger!!!!...
    We. Juss. Cuffed. Da. Hell. Outta you!!!!"

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Kentucky basketball fans are going to have to up their game to remain in the running for Batshit Craziest Fan Base Out There.

But I have faith.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

People drink in the French Quarter? How long has that been happening?

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

In a related story, Mark Schlabach reports that tree poisoner Harvey Updyke has turned down a plea offer of 13 years in prison and a lifetime ban on attending Alabama sporting events:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7485140/source-accused-auburn-tree-poisoner-harvey-updyke-turns-plea-offer

Even Charles Barkley (who's quoted in the story) thinks that's too severe.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He shoved his sex organs in the face of a helpless victim. The fact the victim was a drunken 200-pound male football fan and not a 100-pound female is only semantics.

Sex offender registry.

Largest fine the law will allow.

Jail? No, only because it would cost the taxpayers lots of money.

Will this fuck up poor Teabag-Boy's life? (Sex-offender registry, barring him from jobs, living certain places, etc.?)

Yes, Probably. And you know what?

Toooooooooooooooooooo Motherfucking Bad.

Actions have consequences.

Make an example out of the son of a bitch. Maybe the next drunk fucker will think twice (hell, maybe even once) before he decides to shove his schlong in somebody's face.

Society wins. Teabag-Boy loses, but tough shit.

Oh, by the way, fuck Tree-Poisoner Boy too.

8. dixiehack

I don't know if what he did qualifies for a felony and a trip to Angola, but a few months in the Orleans Parish Prison should provide a sufficient amount of terror.

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Absolutely. In some states you have to register as a sex offender if you are caught pissing in public. So, yeah. The fact he did this to a passed-out man makes it no different than if he had done it to a drunk girl at a party. Sexual assault, plain and simple.

10. doodah

doodah Guest

I don't blame him. They're trees. Give him like a $500 fine and be done with it.

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Assume you mean football on Bama. It bugs me that a lot of folks on this thread are intimating that all Alabama fans are batshit crazy or even condemning the whole state. They mightbe more passionate than most, but it's a fairly small segment that worships at the altar of Finebaum and does this kind of thing. And all of the better SEC teams have a segment of the base that acts this way. I don't have a dog in this fight, BTW.

12. dixiehack

I gave up trying to explain the state and the football culture. Most of the people who condemn it the most will never set foot here, and that's a trade I'm willing to make.

Draft saved Draft deleted