1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baltimore tips, suggestions?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by doubledown68, Jun 15, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Doesn't that happen every single fucking day?

And we ate at a great Italian joint when we had a mini-outing at an Orioles game last year, but damn if I can remember it. Hopefully one of the other guys remembers it.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Buy a Garmin.

There are two ways to get from DC to Baltimore (95 and the Parkway). Be sure you are not on the one that has a wreck. WTOP does traffic every 10 minutes.

There is an amazing crabcake place that was reccomended by the paper. I'll see if I can find it later today. You have to eat there for lunch.

Watch out for little Kennard. He's a bad little mother fucker.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Canton is a much better place to go boozing after a game. It's about 10 minutes east of the stadium, and a pretty cheap cab ride. Federal Hill is walking distance from the stadium, and also a fun place to drink. It's a little pricier than Canton, but the women are locks to be hot. And what you spend on drinking you can save in gas/cab fare you don't use to get there.

Little Italy isn't far from the harbor. In fact, it's pretty much just behind it and down the street, on the east side. LOTS of good Italian restaurants there. We all hit Sabatino's last year. But you won't go wrong with Amicci's or any other.

The National Aquarium, while pricey, is really, really, really, really fucking awesome. It's a great way to spend a few hours.

The Babe Ruth Birthplace museum is also close to the staduim, as is the Sports Legends museum, which encompasses the entire history of sports in Maryland. Actually, the Legends museum is right next to the ballpark. Neither cost a lot to get into, and there's a combo deal for both.

Best crabcake I ever had was at a little hole in the wall called G&M's, which is just off of the Baltimore beltway between I-95 and the BW Parkway. The thing was the side of my fist. That, and the girl I was with that afternoon, made for one of the best lunches I've ever had.

Also, you can not go wrong with KVV's advice.

4. 93Devil

G&S

That's the place.

It's not that impressive looking. It seems like they have added onto the place about 15 times, but sweet Lord, can they make a crabcake.

5. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

We were in that Barnes & Noble when we did a mini family vacation in Baltimore three years ago. Went in to get out of the oppressive heat that day, ended up spending a couple of hours and a pile of money. Good times!

7. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I'm not Jason Whitlock or Bill Simmons.. I don't give a fuck about Omar, what does or does not scare him, or the wire, the rope, or the string. :)

Thanks for the pointers, though.

8. 93Devil

Don't get lost.

There are some bad mother fuckers in that town.

Seriously.

Don't get lost.

9. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Just a couple recommendations for Baltimore:

The Greene Turtle, Fells Point for a bucket of beer. No, really. A sandbucket filled with beer.

Sabatino's, Little Italy - Get in touch with your inner Sinatra, as this was one of his favorite joints in B'More.

Owl Bar and the 13th floor at the Belvedere. Drink where Mencken imbibed, and take the elevator up for a great view of the city.

If you've got a car and a little time, take a side trip 20 minutes south to Annapolis. The Naval Academy chapel, the State House and Middleton Tavern are must-dos in Annapolis.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

While I was in the area, I tried a crabcake for the first time ...

... and last time. Me no likey.

11. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Not much of a seafood guy. How pricey are the Italian joints?

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Go someplace else.

Draft saved Draft deleted