1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baltimore help -- Inner Harbor/Waterfront question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Boss just tapped me on the shoulder. A colleague who was supposed to go to a convention tomorrow in Charm City had to back out, making me the emergency replacement.

The conference is taking place at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront. It's booked now (obviously) and the closest I can get is the Inner Harbor at Camden Yards. I'm told it's about a mile away.

I'm not as familiar with that area of Baltimore (my work usually leads me to BWI and the Security Parkway areas). Is there decent public transportation (or skywalks) between those two hotels, or am I better off just driving between them?

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If it's a mile, then you can walk it. If it's across the harbor, there are water taxis.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

If you hear a guy behind you whistling "farmer in the dell," run for cover ...

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Unless Freelance Hack is a known player, he'll have nothing to worry about.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

A cab ride would be just a few bucks. It's also a nice walk, though a bit steamy right now. EIther way you'll be fine.

6. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

There are lots of pedestrians in the area, so walking should be fine. If there are games going on, even walking at night shouldn't be uncomfortable.

I assume since you said a mile away that both hotels are on the same side of the harbor, so walking should be no big deal.

Tomorrow will be very warm again, so you may want to take a taxi, or if the hotel has a shuttle to the inner harbor, that may also be an option (I don't know if it does.)

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Freelance is a tax payer. No worries.

Draft saved Draft deleted