1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baltimore 2009 - some details - TICKET DELIVERY UPDATES

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jan 12, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Re: Baltimore 2009 - some details

You'd be better off picking someone who's going. :D

2. lono

lono Active Member

Someone has to be there to start the nipple licking.

Anyone?

Bueller?

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Shit. Glad you posted that, even though I asked people not to post the uh, no word comes to mind, on this thread. So how's that for a backhanded compliment?
    I keep forgetting to post the hotel code. Will try to remember to do that today (it is at work).
    PLEASE keep this thread for details such as that code, so folks don't have to wade through pages of unrelated stuff to find things. We thank you.

4. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Oh, Mod-dy....?

5. Moderator1

Uh, yeah. Sorry about that. It's been quite a year already. But:

SpringHill Suites
    16 South Calvert Street
    Baltimore, MD 21202
    410-685-1095

We have 18 rooms/suites (well, 17 since I took one) available Thursday-Sunday nights. You can arrive for any portion of that and still get the rate. You can call the hotel directly at the number above or call 1-800-627-7468 and ask for the Sports Journalists group to get the rate of 169.
    Cutoff is 5/24/09. All rooms released after that.

I'm told on various sites you can actually get a bit of a cheaper rate. Some have seen it as low as 161. I have not but that doesn't mean it isn't there.

All rooms are suites - very roomy. Breakfast is included. Parking is not. It is within walking distance to the stadium, aquarium, other Inner Harbor attractions.

Ticket info to come.

6. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

It's also probably within walking distance from the MARC which runs right in front of the stadium. There's a train that goes from at least BWI and DC, but beyond that, I'm not sure.

One would have to do some checking. I'm also available to pick people up from the airport, provided a major catastrophe doesn't hit and I'm not sent away.

7. patchs

patchs Active Member

How many can sleep in 1 room?
    I'd like to come down but like a lot of people, money is an issue, if I can get in a room with a few people I know to lower the costs, I might be able to make it.

8. Moderator1

4-6. Two doubles is four if you want to get cozy. Pull out makes 6, if you want to get cozy.
    I love you folks but my room will have two in it. One if The Queen doesn't go.

9. patchs

patchs Active Member

Hey Moddy, if the Queen doesn't go, you could room with the only other real Nat fan on the outting.
    I can guarantee you'd get to meet some one high up and not Bowden either.

10. Moderator1

Bowden has to buy a ticket, just like we do.
    My son may go, too. We are also doing a baseball weekend in Atlanta.

Anyone booked a room yet besides me?

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'm prolly gonna wait a little longer until I know who all's coming with me. And if I miss out on that certain hotel, I can always seek shelter elsewhere. I'll definitely do my best to get a room where everyone else is staying though.

12. Moderator1

Breaking my own rule here but indulge me. Not trying to be snarky - what does "prolly" mean? I'm guessing it is some form of probably but I don't understand why probably wouldn't be used if that's the case.
    I'm in need of my learn something new every day fix here.

Draft saved Draft deleted