1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baltimore 2009 - some details - TICKET DELIVERY UPDATES

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Re: Baltimore 2009 - some details

ones in kentucky?

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Sorry. Haven't stayed in a hotel in a long while.

3. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

guys, can we keep it to legit questions/suggestions?

ky, i'm sure moddy will let us know in the AM what kind of bed/floor/sleeping arrangement the rooms have. with a suite, probably four-ish per room.

mod, what will the transport arrangement be from dc to balto thursday? carpooling with you if few enough folks, or on our own?

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

A. The rate is per suite. Some have two double beds AND a pullout sofa. Spring Hills are nice and roomy, one reason I chose them. Also, the free breakfast.
    B. I will have room for three and some luggage from D.C. to Baltimore. You'd have to get to the park on your own in D.C., they do store luggage there in a secure area. Subway runs from Reagan to the ballpark.
    C. You pay me for tix, I buy and give to you at the hotel or leave them at the hotel desk.

5. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

I don't think Doc can go to the game on Thursday, but I might be able to and we would have room for three to go up to Balto after the game. We have to drive almost to Balto to get home anyway, so driving someone to the hotel would be no big deal.

6. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Damn. I so wanted to go this year. My favorite city, easy to get to & a chance to meet some more of you guys, but I'll be working. :mad:

7. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Here's some help for those attending. Google map of nearby methadone clinics in downtown Baltimore:

http://maps.google.com/maps?near=Baltimore,+MD&geocode=&q=methadone&f=l&sll=39.298705,-76.602001&sspn=0.072664,0.110893&ie=UTF8&ll=39.295583,-76.620026&spn=0.036334,0.055447&z=14

8. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Ditto. If it was the week before or the week after I'd be there. :'( :'( :'(

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Crap. Now who's going to shoot the photos? :( :'(

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Or start the nipplelicking?

11. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

IJAG, I bestow this honor to you. ;)

I'm not sure about the photos. Maybe if I get a reeeeeeaaaaaaallllllyyyyyy long telephoto lens, I can shoot the outing from Syracuse.

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Who is handling tickets? I may have missed that.... sorry, Moddy, only skimmed the initial post.

I'm planning on buying for all three games at present, but I may need to give up one or two of the weekend games. (I'm working that weekend, but I'm close enough to drive up after my shift. The joys of working dayside now.) If anyone is around before/after, I'm hitting up Sox games that are on either side of the O's/Nats series (they're in Baltimore after the outing series).

Draft saved Draft deleted