1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baltimore 2009 - some details - TICKET DELIVERY UPDATES

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I didn't want this to get lost among all the hee hee and ha ha messages on the other thread:

DATES: June 26-28
    HOTEL: Spring Hill Suites by Marriott, Baltimore Inner Harbor. 16 South Calvert St., Baltimore, MD 21202
    RATE: 159 for a suite that includes breakfast

We have 18 rooms (well, 17 since I took one) that are being held for us until May 25. They are mailing me details and a confirmation "code" that you will use to book your room. I will post as soon as I get it. The rooms are booked from June 25-27 because I figure many people (like me) will come in Thursday and check out Sunday. However, the rate remains good if you want to check in Friday and/or leave on Monday.

The hotel has its own bar. It is four blocks from the stadium, four blocks from the Aquarium and other Inner Harbor attractions, about seven blocks from Little Italy. We really shouldn't need cars once we're there unless some kind member does what ArnoldBabar did and has everyone over for a party.

Games are at 7 on Friday and Saturday, 1 on Sunday. I will take ticket orders later. I will use PayPal and you MUST pay in advance before I order tickets. I have some folks helping me get good rates, etc.

For anyone who is adventurous, some of us are going to Nats-Red Sox on Thursday and then heading up to Baltimore. Let me know and I'll try to hook up tickets for that, too.

PLEASE keep this thread for questions/inquires, etc., about the games, tickets, hotel and whatnot. I do not have the desire to wade through pages and pages of IM type posts and don't want to miss a question anyone may have.

Thanks. Looking forward to seeing many of you in Baltimore - if you have never been, it truly is a fun city. The Inner Harbor area is tremendous and the aquarium is as good as any I've seen.

2. Moderator1

Re: Baltimore 2009 - some details

ps - I will also book some rooms at a hotel further out. The rate may be better but you'll have to manage to get into Baltimore. Not sure the savings will amount to much. Mike got some rates for me and only one hotel was significantly lower.

3. Re: Baltimore 2009 - some details

Is the rate good for a one-night stay as well?

4. Moderator1

Yes. We have 18 rooms for any combo of those four nights at that rate, though I think they are counting on/hoping people will stay more than one.
    I'm coming in late Thursday after Nats game and heading home Sunday after the ballgame. Friday and Saturday are for exploring, baseball, whatever. The Queen will want to hit the aquarium. I had one bitch of a fine meal in Little Italy some years back, must fine that restaurant.

5. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

Spouses or other ladies going who want to hit up good shopping, there are a couple of good malls around. I'll have our SUV and can transport to the mall. I know at least one other who will probably enjoy a shopping outing.

6. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

There is also a huge Barnes and Noble right by the Aquarium and Science Center. Biggest sports book section I've ever seen.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Parking at hotel -- valet only -- is $28 a day.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wonder if it was at the same place DD, Headbutt and Ragu and I ate a couple years ago. that place was outstanding. I'd eat there in a heartbeat again.

9. Moderator1

That's why you self park. Which IS available. But thanks.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

OK, web site said valet parking ONLY!

11. Moderator1

Of course it did - they want you to pay that!!
    There's at least 12 self park lots within a block or two.
    I may park at an airport satellite for like six bucks and cab in, not sure yet. Parking at any metro hotel ain't cheap.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

If self-park lots are cheaper, great.

Hell, compared to NYC prioes even $28 is reasonable

Draft saved Draft deleted