1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Balls....balls I tell you.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Feb 25, 2009.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Brilliant.

2. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Chef, if you ever get tired of starting threads about games you ref, feel free to just PM them straight to me. ;D

Had he already been out of his box and/or was a warning given earlier in the night about it?

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

And spare the rest of us.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Don't like it, Spnited?

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I immediately shivered.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Shouldn't let the fact that it is senior night or a home game or that it is late in the game influence your decision to make or not make a call.

7. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Nothing really to add other than to say that "balls" is a really good exclamation of frustration.

Had an old boss who would exclaim it whenever something would go wrong with his computer. He'd have this blank look at the screen for a few seconds, then, "Aw, balls!"

It's a good release and won't necessarily bring you the stares that 'fuck' or 'shit' would.

8. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

I think I'm going to try that tonight when my computer crashes. ;D

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

Other ref had told him to stay in his box once before.

I have three frames of thought here;

First and foremost; I will never criticize an official for making a call.

50 seconds left; Unless this coach is standing at halfcourt telling you that your mother is a whore, leave him alone.

50 seconds left; What good does it do you now to piss and moan at the refs now? Do you think you're going to get any more calls in the last 50 seconds than in the other 31 minutes because you threw a tantrum? Hell no.

Draft saved Draft deleted