1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ballplayers you love to boo

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackyJackBN, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Bobby Bo

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I dealt with Abbott in college and found him to be easy to deal with.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

"Always willing to lend a hand..."?

4. Herbert Anchovy

We once heckled the fuck out of Ozzie Virgil in high school, and it being Fulton County Stadium in the late '80s, and there being 1,500 and change for a 5:40 start, he was looking for us after the game.

5. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Most ineffective heckle ever? A while back--a long while back--I was at a game in Baltimore, sitting near the Cleveland dugout. Chico Salmon (Sa-mone) came out to the on-deck circle and a snaggle-toothed old gal sitting close by spotted him and bellowed, "Salmon? I EAT Salmon!"

Now that I think about it, maybe it was pretty effective.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Any St. Louis Cardinal.

7. boots

boots New Member

Ozzie was kicking ass in those days LJB consider yourself lucky.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Guy, the Braves actually won that game, and Ozzie caught all nine innings, so just afterward he gestured up behind the plate as if to say, "C'mon and get your ass whooping, bitches!" We were young kids and there was practically no one left in the stands and just high-tailed it out of there.

Graig Nettles used to get it bigtime at Braves games, too.

9. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Craig MacTavish (when we had Kings season seats in the late 80s/early 90s, my wife used to waive car keys at him during warmups; it pissed her off that he wasn't doing hard time for his vehicular manslaughter).

Theoren Fleury. Hated the weasel. Still do.

All the 80s Celtics save Bird. As a longtime Lakers fan, enough said. Couldn't boo Bird; respected him as I didn't like him tearing up my team.

Jason LaRue. Why boo him, you ask? A couple years ago, we're at Dodger Stadium and my son's getting autographs. Barry Larkin found time to sign, Adam Dunn found time to sign. But LaRue couldn't be bothered. Three weeks later, he breaks his ankle and is out for the season. Karma, pure and simple.

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I was saying Booo-urns.

Never booed a player at the stadium, but the players I've hated most, all time:

Isaiah Thomas

Gary Carter (Schilling, before Schilling)

Curt Schilling (Best big game pitcher of our generation? Ask Soriano, who hit what should have been the series winner off of him. Was game 1 of the 2004 ALCS not a big game -6 runs, 3 innings? for all his contribution, the series could easily have ended without him getting another shot. What about game 1 of the '93 series 6 1/3 IP, 7R, 6ER & the loss, outdueled by the immortal Juan Guzman? big enough?

Charles Barkley

Mark Messier

Draft saved Draft deleted