1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ballplayers you love to boo

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackyJackBN, Apr 22, 2007.

1. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

The Bondsophelia/Bondsophobia threads seem to have run out of steam--Ragu and Fenian must be busy--so let's set Bonds aside for the moment. Who is the (other) baseball player whose presence on the field has led you to boo heartily over the years?

My nomination has to be Jim Leyritz. His nickname, The King, may have been tinged with a bit of irony. I preferred My Little Pony; he always looked like an overconfident tiny horsey at the plate to me.

The "Riickkkyyyy" jeer was terrific, but Ricky would always make you pay. In spades.

And there's always gleeful booing when ARod comes to the plate in Seattle, but the venom has long since gone out of it. It's like a kids game.

And: I wish I had been alive early enough to boo Ty Cobb. My old sensei, Chick Galloway, who played second with Cobb until he was injured, had a hearty dislike for the man.

Still, make mine Leyritz. What an overblown putz.

2. RokSki

RokSki New Member

A-Rod (as Yankee): BOOOOOOOO!!!!

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Michael Irvin. I was at the Vet when his career ended and I cheered!

4. RokSki

RokSki New Member

5. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Any member of the '04 Red Sox. I refuse to pay for a Yankees ticket (not that I can afford one anymore to begin with) until Johnny Damon, Mike Myers and Doug Mientkiewicz are gone.

6. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Those crazy Philly fans
    [​IMG]

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Leyritz is the spawn of Satan. That is all.

8. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Dwyane Wade(I'm a Pistons fan)

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

As a Mets fan, the day Chipper Jones gets stabbed in the balls with a pot fork is a day I dance a naked Irish jig.

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

First LOL of the night :)

11. Steve Garvey and Wojo have to be at the top of my list.

12. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

I like the guys who have names/nicknames that sound like boo.

Draft saved Draft deleted