1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Balding

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BigSleeper, Nov 8, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That'll be me in 11 years. I guarantee it.

2. I wish that were me, then I'd never shave. I can grow a beard at a stoplight.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Not me, dude. I look like a hobo after about three weeks of not shaving, simply because three parts of my face have never grown hair -- both sections of my cheek that line the top of my bottom jaw and the underneath my mouth.

All through college, people asked me when I was going to hit puberty. And when I told people I'd be down right after I shaved, everyone laughed and said, "Shave what?"

To this day, when people see a little facial hair, they say, "Aw, you're becoming a real boy."

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Put me down for "can grow a beard at a stoplight," too. My playoff beard during the Ducks' run last year was a sight to behold, if I do say so myself.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

What happened to the birds that were living in it?

6. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I started growing pubes at the age of 8. Still can't grow a full beard at 26.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

And now I know that.

8. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

It actually says that (about the front part of the head) on the can of Rogaine. It's only meant to work on on a very specific part.
    Shave it off, deal with it, save money on shampoo and fuck chicks who like bald guys.

9. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Buzz it anyway. Nothing worse than going bald and trying to deny it.

10. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

TMI, eh? Too bad.

11. The three MEs I've worked under were all bald, middle-aged men who despised me for having a lush, thick head of hair into my 30s.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I've been losing hair at a pretty steady pace for about 8-10 years. Used to have a mop top which I had to have cut every three weeks. Now I cut it short (a little more than a buzz cut) and slick it back for work. It's depressing, but at least I'm tall.

I've had a goatee off and on for about 15 years --Mrs. W has given up asking me to shave it. I don't grow a beard because it itches too much after a couple of weeks.

My brother is a few years older -- he is even worse off up top and he recently decided to do the white guy clean head thing. He looks like the fat guy on death row.

Draft saved Draft deleted