1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bad TV in the middle of the day

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Sep 1, 2006.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

OK. So I have today off, and I am being really lazy. I have just been lounging around with the TV on for the last three hours. On one of the HBO channels right now, I am watching "Bad Medicine." Plot is simple (and as lame as it sounds). Guy goes to Latin American medical school because he can't get into an American one. This is the all-star cast for this really, really, awful 1985 gem:

Steve Guttenberg (Police Academy) is the star.
    Alan Arkin plays the guy who runs the med school.
    Gilbert Gottfried plays Arkin's assistant.

Fellow students:
    Julie Hagerty (Airplane)
    Curtis Armstrong (Booger in Revenge of the Nerds)
    Julie Kavner (Marge Simpson)
    Taylor Negron (the pizza delivery guy in Fast Times at Ridgemont High)
    Robert Romanus (Damone from Fast Times at Ridgemont High)

I can't tell if this is miserably horrible or if it is a stroke of unintended genius.

2. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I was actually going to start a separate thread on this because it was so amazing, but if you have TCM, you have to flip over that way, because I'm not sure what's gotten into them, but...

They've already showed North by Northwest and Twelve Angry Men. Right now, Casablanca is on, followed by Sabrina (the Humphrey Bogart version, of course), followed by Going My Way, followed by From Here to Eternity, followed by The Mouse That Roared, followed by The Incredible Shrinking Man, followed by It Came From Outer Space ... and on and on.

Obviously, if you hate old movies, this isn't for you, but it's quite a lineup. Must have something to do with Sept. 1.

3. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

12 Angry Men is excellent. It was a required movie to watch for one of my college classes and I loved it.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

That's a Murderers' Row if I've ever seen one.

Draft saved Draft deleted