1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bad news

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RossLT, Mar 26, 2009.

1. RossLT

RossLT Guest

While I was at work today I got a phone call from a friend of mine who I hadn't heard from in more than two years. In the process of the two of us catching up and talking about what we have been doing, he told me he had some news he wanted to give me.

Turns out the news was that the other guy who was in other group had passed away. He was 31 years old and apparently, had gotten involved in some bad stuff over the past few years. I considered this guy to be one of my best friends from the time I lived in Las Vegas and even though we had lost touch I felt like someone had punched me in the stomach when he told me. I guess from the details he gave me he had a pharmacy of drugs in his apartment and a bottle of alcohol on the counter. I really hope he did not do what I think he did, but based on his moods when we were friends I have a very bad feeling that he wanted to end it all. He had talked about it before and I was at his place after a very scary late night phone call on more than one occasion.

Still, I wish I could have done more for my friend. Thanks to everyone for listening.

RIP Jeremy, I miss you buddy.

2. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Damn, Ross, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm not sure what you could have done, because it sounds like he had some deeply internal problems and for whatever reason, he reached a tipping point. Still, like you say, punch to the stomach...especially being so young.

3. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Damn. Hang in there, Ross.

4. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Damn...that's nuts. You need anything, you know where to find me.

Draft saved Draft deleted