1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bad news, good news

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by OTD, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Going back to the first post, you missed one...

Good news: My flight to Atlanta landed safely.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Bad news: Had to fly into Atlanta.

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Bad News: Had to fly United
    Worse News: Go to print my boarding passes, only seats available are in "Economy Plus," which cost $25-$39 more per segment of my flight
    Worst News: AR dings my expense report by $64 because it's against company policy to pay for upgraded seats. AR guy tells me I should have asked to take another flight instead

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Eventually, most newspapers will change their travel policies so that all staff will be put in a box with a bottle of Gatorade and some Clif Bars and shipped to their destination via FedEx or UPS.

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I hate myself for laughing at that prophesy which will most likely come true within the next two years.

Thank goodness I don't have to fly for work.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Bad news: My mentor and current youth pastor at my church is going through a rough time with his marriage.

Good news: We finished our football tab.

7. sportsgopher

sportsgopher Member

Dude, seriously? You've apparently spent some time in Europe this summer. Shut the fuck up with the whining.
    I went to Summerfest in Milwaukee for vacation (it was fun but it is no Europe).

8. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Good News: there is something to this rant.
    Bad News: HC is a "dudette," who is probably the least whiny poster on this board.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

that was nice of you to let that whole "shut the fuck up" part of the post go. i'm not sure i would have.

10. sportsgopher

sportsgopher Member

I wasn't really trying to be a dick. Sometimes it just happens. I'm sorry HC had a bad end to her European vacation.

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

The summer was great but it wasn't a vacation ... I was working. I would not have traded this summer for anything but it was a bad ending to miss the check-in by minutes. I miss JR and I want to be home.

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

It was a baseball game over states' rights. [/crossthread]

Draft saved Draft deleted