1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bad news for fellow DirecTV customers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Buck, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I just want to know where I can watch Breaking Bad this weekend.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You shouldn't. I have no intention of paying my full bill when it's due Aug. 2. How much I deduct depends on how long the Viacom channels are out.

3. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

I heard of people calling today and getting a $20 monthly credit on their bill for the next 12 months, plus 3 months of free move channels, for the opening offer. I'd rather get free SundayTicket, but that's still a decent offer.

On the flip side, if that's what they are offering on the first day, it may be a sign they aren't anywhere close to an agreement.

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

BitTorrent.

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Unless you get a credit, you'll find your service shut off eventually.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

DirecTV is pretty generous with those. Remember a few years ago when everybody on the board got Sunday Ticket at discount after calling?

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What is going to suck is that I figure Direct will encourage Viacom to "protect" their shows and only make them accessible on the web with a cable/sat subscription.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Which will get my service shut off.

Burns nailed it. I just haven't gotten the chance to call yet, but I will be doing that and making sure they compensate me. Three months of free movies and $20 credit to my bill sounds good. Would be better if they'd upgrade us to the package that brings Boomerang. When we get a free trial, my kid loves Boomerang. Should make up for her losing most of her favorite shows for a while.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I haven't called yet either but I will tomorrow -- and I've been with them since 1999.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Project Free TV.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Nick Jr. puts "Oobi" back in the morning rotation and suddenly this happens? Coincidence -- I beg to differ.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Obviously not paying the full bill includes a letter of explanation or a call beforehand explaining why you will not pay full price for service you did not get.

Kind of thought that didn't need to be said.

Draft saved Draft deleted