1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bad Music

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Sep 5, 2006.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I'm working for a sports radio corporation right now going through some of their bump music for football broadcasts and hearing the background to horrible songs such as "Who let the Dogs out," Britney Spears, Abba, etc. etc. etc.

It made me start to think about all the HORRIBLE music produced in the 1990's and early 2000's.

Virtually any boyband hit, Britney, the A-teens, the Spice Girls...

Am I the only one who is having trouble outnumbering the bad music produced in the last 15 years with the good music?

2. Nah...just gotta avoid the radio.

3. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

This is a revelation?

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Oh there was plenty of good stuff being produced, it just wasn't radio stuff. And Britney fucking rocks!

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Oh, I think NKOTB and Spice Girls rock, but definitely not Britney.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Abby? ?!?

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Sorry. Thanks for the catch. I was typing as I was listening to Abba and just mistyped on this computer! :)

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Hate to be the one to break the news to you, but Abba was mid-late 70s. Not 90s through the present. :D

9. And ABBA didn't suck.

There, I said it.

10. DyePack

DyePack New Member

The 1990s sucked for music. Other than Firehouse, there were very few good bands.

11. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

If you want truly awful music, I think you have to go back. I have the Shaggs on CD. Supposedly their lifestories are being made into a film (adapting Susan Orlean's NYer story). I put it on when guests stay too long (or when Mrs Miler's sister walks in the door). I've never worked up the nerve to see if Uriah Heep made it to CD. Their story was already appropriated (supposedly) by the makers of Spinal Tap.

YHS, etc

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Abba was a good band.

All 1990s bands didn't suck. Here's a few good/great bands whose debut album came out in the 1990s -- Uncle Tupelo, Son Volt, Wilco, Old 97s and the Waco Brothers.

Draft saved Draft deleted