1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bad candy....no really, candy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by joe_schmoe, Oct 20, 2008.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Anybody ever read the studies about Good & Plenty as an aphrodisiac? I have no idea how anyone discovered it, but that scent is super powerful in a lot of experiments about olfactory response.

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=52375

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'd trade my mother for a bag of Candy Corn.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That explains all the Thanksgiving sex I hear about.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Milk Duds = truth in advertising.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Payback for her trading you for those Ho Hos?

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

You're just going to leave that out there?

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

They were Zingers. There's no way I'm worth Ho Hos.

8. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

The worst thing about Halloween is, of course, candy corn. It's unbelievable to me. Candy corn is the only candy in the history of America that's never been advertised. And there's a reason. All of the candy corn that was ever made was made in 1911. And so, since nobody eats that stuff, every year there's a ton of it left over. And the candy corn company sends the guys to the villages and they collect out of the dumpsters all the candy corn we've thrown away. They wash it!! They wash it!

I'll never forget the first time my mother gave me candy corn. She said, "Here - Lewis, this is candy corn. It's corn that tastes like candy". ----- This tastes like crap! And every year since then, Halloween has returned and I, like an Alzhiemer's patient, find myself in the room, and the room has a big table in it, and on the table is a bowl of candy corn. And I look at it as if I've never seen it before. "Candy corn", I think. "Corn that tastes like candy. I can't wait". Son of a bitch!!

9. Bubbler

I guess this explains why BYH finds them neither good nor plentiful. :D

10. Bubbler

I can't call Mounds or Almond Joy bad candy based on quality, but they're both bad candies to get based on quantity.

Anyone who spends 79 cents-plus to buy a bar of either at a convenience store is a true sucker. Half the packaging is freaking cardboard.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

You think candy corn is bad?

[​IMG]

They're like candy corn, but they're more expensive, taste far worse and you have to unwrap them.

If you eat them, fuck you!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Beat me to it. I hate you! :D

Draft saved Draft deleted