1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Back To The Future

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KevinmH9, Jul 24, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Lea Thompson over Elisabeth Schue? That's all the motivation I'd need to want to get back to the future.

2. They covered it well, didn't they?
    And of course Marty's girlfriend changes between I and II.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I actually liked III better than II.

II just seemed like it was just made to connect to the III.

Naturally, I is the best one. My favorite little subtlety is how the mall's name changes from Twin Pines Mall to Lone Pine Mall.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

III was good. There should have been a IV.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

For someone who really had a small part, Elisabeth Shue overacted something terrible in II.

That scene where the doorbell rings and she meets herself . . . unwatchable.

6. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I think there is a reason we don't see much of Elisabeth Shue right now. She was great in Leaving Las Vegas, but aside from that she didn't have many roles where she excelled.

7. Petrie

Petrie Guest

She did, however, pull off the eye-candy role well alongside an interesting trifecta — Fox, Macchio (Karate Kid) and Cruise (Cocktail).

In 1, I was a big fan of Huey Lewis' cameo 'I'm afraid you're just too darn loud...' And for some reason, I didn't realize what Marvin's band was smoking in their car until I grew up a little bit.

2 is my favorite, probably because Hill Valley, circa 2015, absolutely rules. Real life better pick up the pace though...I want my flying car, self-drying jacket, power-lace shoes and hoverboard in 6 years, dammit! :D

8. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Hey man, I don't wanna mess with no reefer addicts.

9. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

I have all three in a box set (I'll see your geekness and raise you, KevinmH9) and my 7-year-old son loves them -- though Mrs. Fossywriter8 and I have to remind him certain words he hears aren't to be repeated.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The actor who says that line says it really fast. I thought he was saying Referacitic. For years, I was wondering, "What the heck is a Referactic? Some weird phrase from the 50s?"

Draft saved Draft deleted