1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Back to the Future - Back in theatres

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by billikens, Oct 19, 2010.

1. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Great Scott!!! It's one of those movies I always stop on when I'm flipping channels.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Larry Graham

Larry Graham Member

[​IMG]

"Chuck? This is your cousin, Marvin. Marvin Berry?!
    You know that new sound you've been looking for?
    Well, listen to this!"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

This is one of those movies that if it's on TV, I'll still drop everything to watch it. I went and saw this five times in the theatres, too ... and when I recently saw a Delorean at a used car lot, I resisted every urge to ask the salesman about the flux capacitor.

The one line I always use from BTTF - "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Couple of things I always thought was never fully explained is when the cop asks Doc about his "Weather Equipment" permit and Doc is searching through his wallet. Did he actually have a permit for it, and how did he get one, or did he not have one and make an excuse. And why didn't the cop ask to look in there.

That, and Doc painted the Start line on the road. No one was around to wonder why the heck was Doc painting a Start line on the road?

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Sic, if only you could go back in time

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Lea Thompson. Yum.

7. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Can't answer the second question but in the book - yes, there was a BTTF novel adaptation that came out in the summer of 1985 and I owned it - Doc bribed the cop with a $20 when he was asked for a weather equipment permit.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Those movies were a crock of shit. It's 2010 and I don't see my Mr. Fusion reactor on the drawing board. Even more far-fetched, the Cubs are at least another century away from winning a World Series.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

10. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

I loved the first and third in the trilogy, didn't care much for the second one.
    The DeLorean was the perfect car to use. Would have been interesting to see, had the car still been in production when the first movie came out in 1985, if being in the movie would have led to a spike in sales like the Trans Am experienced with the "Smokey" movies and "Knight Rider."

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Fox and Thompson are on the cover of this week's EW.

12. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Elisabeth Shue (in II and III). Yum.

Draft saved Draft deleted