1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Back in the land of Yuengling

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by OTD, Jul 5, 2007.

1. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I just stopped at a Sunoco station, bought a six-pack of Yuengling and am watching the Dodgers and Braves on TBS. Not a bad way to end the first vacation day.

The Yuengling is very tasty.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Why do you taunt me like that?

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Dammit, all this talk about this beer actually makes me want to try it.
    Do they sell it in Texas anywhere?

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It's Thursday.
    Friday, it's Chuck's turn.

5. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I don't know, but I'm guessing not. I have seen it in Florida, but that's the only southern place I remember it.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Negative, Mobile is the closest the golden nectar is sold to Texas.

http://www.yuengling.com/distrib_al.htm

7. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Maybe it's because I can walk less than 100 yards to a place that sells Yuengling, but my god am I sick of it, even at $1 a glass. You guys talk about it like it's made from the juices of only the sweetest, freshest virgin honeyhole that mankind ever knew. It ain't that good.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

You guys may want to try Dogfish Head beer. I know they sell all the way out in Texas too.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It is the one beer that I know I could buy without worrying if Ms. Slappy was going to drink some... of course, she tried "Ying-Yang" Black and Tan one time and thinks that it all tastes like that. But If the only ying-yang I tried was Black and Tan, I might never drink beer again

10. Keystone

Keystone Member

Actually, if were truly in the land of Yuengling, you wouldn't be able to buy a six pack of it at a Sunoco station.

11. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Obviously, you're entitled to your opinion. I'll say this: Yuengling Lager is about the only alcoholic beverage that I could drink the whole night through. I can't get past more than a pint of Guinness at a time, Bud/Coors Light/Miller Lite are stopgaps, more than a few glasses of wine gives me heartburn like a MFer, the hard stuff will cause the whole night through to be about three hours.

I can't say I recall ever pimping Yuengling as gloriously as you describe - and I'm guessing I'm the biggest Yuengling fan on here - but to each his own.

12. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Black and Tan certainly is an acquired taste. My mom loves that stuff, and I just don't understand it. Then again, she also downs unflavored Seltzer like it actually quenches thirst, instead of amplifying it.

But the great thing about Yuengling, at least in the true land of it, is that the quality of the beer versus the price of the beer is usually such an outstanding ratio in favor of you, the beer drinker.

Draft saved Draft deleted